Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sledding

During our Christmas break we decided to take the kids sledding and got to go with some of Blair's family. We went up by Pomerelle to the snowmobile lodge. We got there and there wasn't that much snow so we were a little concerned we wouldn't be able to sled. Well there was just enough where the sleds and tubes run down the hill and it was just enough for the kids.

Here is Mckay and Lyann pulling some sleds up with Rhianna riding in the sled and Cameron pulling up the rear.

Cameron taking his first ride down.



Statton and Rhianna being pulled around the parking lot. I think us adults were still trying to get our gear on so the kids were waiting patiently.

What a good dad to make the effort to take us all sledding and pull his kids around on the sled. Madison enjoying the ride. It's his idea every year to go and he gets everything ready including finding all my winter gear as well. I kind of drag my feet about going but once I'm there I enjoy myself.

Good ole Uncle Mckay taking his niece and nephew down the hill. Rhianna kinda got slumped down in the sled and didn't enjoy that so much. You can't see it but Statton has the biggest grin on his face.

Blair taking his girls down the hill. The picture doesn't show it but Madison enjoyed the sledding even though she would sometimes get pouty she would still walk over and try to climb in the sled signaling to us that she was ready to go again. Cassidy's enjoyment is obvious.



Madison enjoying the snow. She's looks so cute all bundled up.

Here is Rhianna giving me a wave.

I believe this is Cassidy giving me a smile. She sometimes gives me the weirdest faces when I'm trying to take her picture.

Statton showing his usual enthusiasm. He always gives me the greatest faces!




Grandpa and Grandma with Rhianna trying to keep the fire going so we can stay warm inside the lodge. We had a great day and were all worn out by the time we were done. If I recall though not one of my kids passed out on the way home. I thought they would be exhausted but they laughed and chattered the whole way home. I found this trip funny because at one point Statton came inside and hung out for awhile saying he was cold while Cassidy stayed outside and kept going down the hill. This was so weird because usually Cassidy would wimp out and be inside while Statton is usually the die hard one who would be outside playing. It's was an interesting switch for them. Also, Blair had started sending the kids down in sleds by themselves and would have someone stand at the bottom to catch them just in case. I don't know if it was lack of snow or just the kids lack of weight but they would slow way down before the bottom so it was safe for them. Even though the first time I saw Blair send one of the kids down I went running over and dove in front of them to catch them midway down. Blair just kept telling me to let em go so I finally did and sure enough they slowed down so I felt safer letting them go by themselves. It was a fun trip.

No comments: