Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Tribute to Anita Heward


On Friday April 4th, 2008 Blair's mother Anita suffered a massive heart attack and returned home to our Heavenly Father. She was only 55 yrs old. Blair received a call from his dad around 11:30 a.m. that she was in the hospital and it didn't look good. She went quickly and didn't suffer which is probably how we would all like to go when our time comes. We will all miss her very much and wish she didn't have to go so soon but when the lord calls us home theres not much we can do about it. She was a wonderful woman and always treated me like one of her own kids. She really helped Blair and I out a lot during my extended hospital stay and with the kids in the NICU. She came and stayed with me a couple of days when I was first in the hospital just to keep me company. She told me one time that as a mother you can give service that is needed freely to your own daughters, but as a mother-in-law it's hard because you have to sit back and wait to be asked to give service to your daughter-in-laws. I think she really appreciated being able to help me out and do what she was able for me. I'm grateful for my good relationship with my mother-in-law and that she was always very sweet to me. Blair and I and the rest of her family will miss her dearly. Blair and I are grateful she was able to see our kids before she passed we are just sad that our kids won't grow up knowing their grandmother. It's good to know that we will one day be reunited with her and that there is life after this. She was a good wife,mother, and grandmother. We love you Anita!

10 comments:

Hamblin Family said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. She was a great woman! Give our regards to the rest of the Heward family.

Forsyth Family said...

Blair I am so sorry to hear about your mom! I am sure that she was a wonderful woman!!!

Kenna said...

We were so sorry to hear about your loss. Over the past couple of days we have had several people ask us if Anita was Blair's mom- I know that your family is in the thoughts and prayers of many right now.

Hild Family said...

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of such a wonderful lady. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this unfortunate time.

The Allen Fam said...

I can not even tell you how sorry I am. It hits really close to home for me because of Kam and Joel, and you all have been in our families thoughts and prayers more than you know. I have nothing but good memories of your Mom and remember her as the smiling happy Mother and Grandmother that she was to all of you. She was alway so sweet to each of us everytime we were together at Kam's house. She touched many peoples lives and will truely be missed.

Silcock Family said...

I don't think I've ever been more shocked about anything, before. Anita was a very kind person she always helped me, when I needed it. I've really enjoyed being in the same ward as her and appreciate all the things she has done for me, words can't explain how much you are going to be missed, we love you guys and are in our prays, always!

Melissa said...

We are sorry for your loss. It seems that all of you have a great attitude about the whole thing. I lost my dad when I was sixteen to a massive heart attack, and sometimes when death comes as a shock like that, it is hard to see why these things happen. I hope that all is well with your family and you are in our prayers!

Unknown said...

Blair and Kristen, That was a beautiful tribute to Anita. I too will miss seeing her, she was always so happy and positive whenever I saw her. I know you will teach Cassidy and Statton about grandma Heward, and that she loved them. Love Mom

Hamblin Family said...

It's me again. Hope you 4 are doing well.
Just a note to those I am in contact with already- Check out my blog for DHS reunion info and leave a comment about what you're up to. Pass this on to others.
www.hamblinfam.blogspot.com
Thanks,
Angie (Pickup) Hamblin

Hewards said...

We all loved Anita and will miss her alot, great tribute Kristen.