Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Delanie Heward is here

Welcome to the newest member of our family. Delanie Heward. Born Oct. 1, 2014 at 11:53 a.m. She weighed 7lbs 5 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. She was born at the hospital in Powell, Wy. Blair and I drove up early that morning from Thermopolis. The doctor broke my water shortly after 8:00 and she was born at 11:53.
 


















Having Delanie was probably the easiest delivery in history. They were having troubles keeping my monitors on my belly for her heart rate so the nurse had another nurse come in to see if she could get them to stay. While she was fiddling with them she heard a little squeak. She pulled up my covers and let out a gasp, reached down and pulled up the baby on my chest. I had no idea I that she was out because I was completely numb from the waist down. We were all in shock with what happened. Funny thing was is that Blair had stepped out to grab a quick bite to eat before things started happening so he missed the whole thing. I had to send the student nurse to go find him and tell him. He was worried that I was going to be so mad. (Considering he hasn't made it to one delivery of our kids.) I told him not to feel bad because apparently we all missed it. :-)

1 comment:

Paty said...

Congratulations on another cute baby! That's quite the delivery story, it's awesome that she came that quick :)