Tuesday, October 11, 2011

We loved Meeteetse!

I have to say when Blair and I first drove into town I was a little hesistant about living here. Then when I was talking to the guy renting us an RV spot and was told the closest grocery store was 30 miles away I really didn't know how I was suppose to live like this. Honestly I cried all that night and I think Blair was a little concerned about me. Well I have to say being LDS certainly has it's benefits because you really get to meet some nice gals. Brenda was the first to befriend me and we planned a lunch date at the park with our kids and she invited some of the other girls from the ward. Then some of us planned to walk in the mornings at the local school's track and we had fun walking and talking while our kids played in the sand(long jump pit). So when Blair told me that his job had finished and we had to be moving again I was heartbroken. I had met some wonderful gals that I loved hanging out with and just the most amazing down-to-earth girls. Thanks to Brenda she arranged for all of us to get together and have dinner the night before I was leaving. It was such a fun night! We met for dinner at 7 and I didn't get home until almost 11pm. That's why I make this post so I can always remember those wonderful gals from Meeteetse!
Larissa Lapierre, Amberli Shumway, Brenda Allen, Kristen Heward, Jennifer Loveland, Catherine Leithead. (Thanks Amberli for getting one of drunkards from the bar to take our picture!)

Since we werent leaving until that afternoon the next day I took the kids over to Brenda's so they could see some of their friends one last time.




Statton, Ella (holding Lily), Lucy, Cassidy, Madison, and Anastyn. We missed some of the other kids since they were in school or gone that day.


We really ended up enjoying our time here and made some great friends!

2 comments:

Stephanie B said...

Yeah for wyoming people!

The Leithead Family said...

Hey! I just found your blog!! I didn't even know you had one! Now I can really keep track of ya! It was so nice to see you the other day. Let me know where you guys end up next!!