Friday, November 30, 2012

Fireworks

Blair and I were supposed to have a week off for the 4th of July but about a week before we were planning on leaving Blair was called out on "storm" to Ashland, Mt. They have had a rash of fires in the area that destroyed a lot of power lines and put the town out of power. So we decided to hang out thinking he would be home in a few days like most storm calls. But after a week it wasn't looking good. In the meantime I received news that my Grandma Darrington wasn't doing well and not expected to live through the weekend. Sure enough she passed and the funeral was going to be a few days after the fourth. After a Sunday night midnight phone call with Blair and not good news I made the decision to quit sitting around Torrington bored to death and load up my small brood and drive the 10 hrs home...alone. Turned out great we were able to enjoy the Rupert Fourth of July Parade with the cousins.
Cassidy, Madison, Ellie, and Sophie. Little Kailyn in the back.


 Bailey, Tyler, Wrigley, Quinn, Statton, and Kensie.

 After the parade everyone came out to my folks for lunch and running in the sprinklers. It was fun having both sides of my family there and enjoy their company.
 That night my Aunt Diana and Uncle Dennis and their kids and grandkids came out and we enjoyed fireworks together. Letting the kids run around playing with the sparklers.

 Cassidy was happier cuddling up with Aunt Andrea.
 Statton of course is in the middle of things running around with the sparklers.



It was so fun being home and spending the 4th with my family. I felt bad that Blair wasn't able to be here enjoying the fireworks that he had bought to light off. They were the good ones too. I used the video on my phone and sent him a few clips of his amazing fireworks.

No comments: