Saturday, December 1, 2012

Blinging out our pumpkins!

Later that day after the pumpkin patch we decided to decorate our pumpkins. I had seen an idea in Parenting magazine about taking some watered down glue and painting it on the pumpkin then sprinkling them with glitter. The pumpkins in the magazine were super cute so I thought that sounded better than carving. Mostly because who is going to trust their 4 year olds and 2 year old with a knife so really mom ends up doing all the work. This way I figured they could do their own and make all the mess they wanted....outside. 




 They all enjoyed making a mess with the glitter and we had it everywhere. Our neighbor Danielle came over with her dogs and helped out for a little bit and her poor dog had glitter on him for weeks.




 Showing off some of our progress.



 This is the one I did. Not like the magazine at all. I think I needed to paint the glue on thicker. Oh well we had fun and they were pretty cute. Side note. Do not leave outside in the rain.
 So these are the finished products. Madison did not like standing behind her pumpkin for the picture for some reason.


Not sure if I would do this again or not but it certainly was a change and the kids enjoyed being able to make a mess. Two months later there is still glitter on that table.

No comments: