Saturday, December 1, 2012

Cassidy and Statton start Preschool

I had been going back and forth about enrolling the kids in preschool or not. Blair had a job interview with a company and if that worked out then we were going to have to move again. Also I had been toying with the idea of going out to Hawaii and staying with my sister for a month to break up the last few months of her husband's deployment. The job Blair had interviewed for ended up not working out which we were okay with considering we are just a few months from topping out with this apprenticeship and we really just want to be done. The next week after finding out about the job I found a Montessorri type preschool for the twins and signed them up. They started about 2 weeks before November. I felt really bad that I wouldn't be able to go out and see my sister but I felt better about staying in Riverton with Blair and putting the kids in school. I enrolled them on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 11:45-2:45.
 Cassidy and Statton were super excited to start going to school. I was excited to have a few hours for just Madison and I.
School has been good so far. About 2 weeks into it Cassidy started crying every time I would drop them off and leave. Then it got to the point she would have melt downs before we had even left the house. The school said she would calm down after I had left and do relatively fine the rest of the time. This lasted for about 3 weeks and then one day we got ready to go and she was fine and when I dropped her off she ran right in and put her backpack and coat away and I left and she ran to the window and gave me a big smile and wave goodbye. I had taken my friend and neighbor Danielle with me that day so Cassidy was excited to show Danielle where her coat and backpack went. I don't know if that helped her or what but since then she has been great and looks forward to going. Statton on the other hand has never had a problem going to school and really enjoys it. We did Parent-Teacher conference the 29th of November and even with the late start they are both doing great and progressing really well. I'm so glad to have a little bit of normalcy in our crazy life.

No comments: