Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Makapuu Point Lighthouse and Hanauma Bay

I had all these plans in my head to do all these fabulous hikes while we were there but only to soon realize that my kids are still pretty little and might not be able to handle them which would leave me and grandparents packing a child. So we opted for an "easy" short hike to test how the kids did to see if they could handle the other hikes we had planned. EPIC FAIL! This so called easy hike was a gradual climb for over a mile with some steep parts in-between. Doesn't sound bad until your pushing a double stroller up a hill loaded with two 5 years olds and an almost 3 year old. I was sweating so bad that it was running into my eyes. Mix that with the sunscreen I put on and my eyes were burning so bad I couldn't even see. Everyone took a turn pushing that stroller filled with kids. 

We finally reached the top and we were all pretty red-faced, hot, and tired! We were definetly ready to hit the beach after that.
 Have to admit though it was a gorgeous view!

 Cute picture of Madison trying to help feed Abrie her bottle. All my kids loved that little girl and doted on her the whole trip. Cassidy took over as her second mom and feed her whenever possible and always wanted to ride in the car with her.
Here we are at Hanauma Bay! My cute kids posing it up for pictures. They were so excited to see the beach! Even though they've been talking for months about sharks being in the water and if a shark would bite them. I've been trying to convince them forever that they won't be in deep enough water to worry about sharks. Silly kids!

 Attempts to try and get cousin Kailyn to take a picture with her cousins.

 Cassidy your killing me with your posing!
 So after everyone else got dressed in their swimsuits I went to change into mine and while I was gone my parents took the kids down to the water. Well Cassidy and Statton were having a blast but I guess Madison got a little taste of the ocean water and freaked out and wanted nothing more to do with the water so she decided that building sand castles on the beach was more her style.

 Statton taking a break from the water.



 Just some pics of the kids playing in the water.

The cute sand babies.

No comments: